Monday 2 November 2009

Korean Children

Did you know pregnant Korean women tend to dream about their children’s futures? Today, in one of my teachers’ classes, Young-hee (my Andeok School co-teacher) mentioned that Korean mothers- or fathers-to-be will dream about small fruits or small animals for girls, and large vegetables or large animals for boys. The grander the fruit or animal, the brighter the future looks for their child. All of the female Andeok teachers apparently had that dream. Young-hee said that she dreamt of a large, round, orange pumpkin, and lo and behold, she had a son!

I’ll be surrounded by cream-coloured orange pumpkins, fiery red-hot chilies, and thousands and thousands of Cheongsong apples for one whole year. I think my future children are set.

Oh, and last night Ken had a dream about a T-Rex…

- Jess

3 comments:

  1. Christine(Jess' mom)22 November 2009 at 15:15

    hahaha:) you're funny... by the way, the dream i had for you was holding red roses that I was in recreational floral design class in seoul somewhere... in fact, you're st. catharines baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That'll be lots of kids! And if you dream about rice???

    ReplyDelete